In Focus – The Draw Fade Band
Ever wonder why and how golf balls in flight either draw or fade? Want to advance your proficiency to feature shots with controlled movement in your game? Then you’re in the right place. Assuming a right-handed golfer, a ball that draws moves right to left and a golf ball that moves left to right is known as a fade (simply reverse the direction for left-handed players). The Draw Fade Band has helped all golfers understand how to feel the correct release in a golf swing while maintaining power and consistency.
The next time you’re watching a tournament on TV, keep an eye on these players so you can learn more about draws and fades:
- Dustin Johnson – known as one of the longest hitters in the game. In his last tournament, hit a spectacular drive on the first playoff hole to win the Northern Trust Open vs. Jordan Spieth.
- Phil Mickelson – a lefty who draws the ball, always fun to keep an eye on Phil.
- Patrick Reed – a top US player with lots of success in recent Ryder Cup competitions.
- Rickie Fowler, one of the most popular players on the PGA Tour.
- Justin Rose, one of the top swings in the game and US Open major winner.